In the weeks and months leading up to the wedding everyone will want to
shower the bride with parties and gifts. When planning showers, bridesmaid
luncheons, bachelorette parties, and other pre-wedding events, think about
the bride's personality. What are her hobbies, favorite flower, or
favorite place to travel to? These ideas will help you come up with a
Some theme ideas are described below. If you don't have a theme in mind,
just think romance and love! That should give you some inspiration to plan
an event that the bride won't forget.
Most of these themes could be applied to showers, bridal/bridesmaid
luncheons, rehearsal dinners, etc.
- Decorate tables with jelly jars with candles, or with watering cans
full of flowers. Use flour pots as decoration or as containers for
foods, utensils, favors, etc.
- Use a wheel barrel for a wishing well. Ask guests to bring
garden-theme wishing well gifts such as seed packets, herbs, gardening
gloves/tools and gardening books.
- Ask everyone to wear beautiful hats!
- Give seed packets or bulbs as shower favors.
- Serve finger sandwiches, cookies, scones, salads or other light
- Use teapots filled with flowers as centerpieces.
- Mix and match teacups and saucers, or use your favorite tea set.
- Have a variety of teas for guests to choose from.
- Use the bride's wedding colors for decorations and in your table
Have a party theme that matches the couple's honeymoon destination.
- Hawaii/Tropical: Have a luau party.
- Paris/Europe: Decorate the party like a French Café or Bistro.
Serve location appropriate food. Serve gourmet coffees and pastries.
- California/Wine Country: Hold a wine tasting party.
- Germany: Use an Oktoberfest theme.
Have fun! Use your imagination. Make it a fun event for the bride and
groom as well as family and friends. It's also popular now to have both
the bride and the groom at the shower so think about co-ed celebrations.